My Etsy shop

Friday 16 March 2012

Ovoid forms

Hello

I've been exploring the ovoid/egg form recently, I prefer to find a form by choice or by accident and make several one after another slightly altering the form and looking at them all to see which I prefer and why. Well with this particular form I'm struggling to get it right- I've made about a dozen now and about half of them are what I believe to be good... so here they are

Burr oak 3" wide by 3 1/2" tall

spalted beech 6" wide by 6 1/2" tall

Ash 5" wide by 5 5/8" tall

Olive ash 5" wide by 5 3/4" tall

Olive ash 5" wide by 5 3/4"tall

Olive ash 5 1/2" wide by 5 3/8" tall

Olive ash 5 3/8" wide by 5 3/4" tall

2 comments:

  1. Hi George

    These are all ver beautiful. Keep up the great work, I always like to see what you have been making.

    ReplyDelete