My Etsy shop

Thursday 23 August 2012

Recycling wood

Hello folks

A few Weeks ago I bought a dozen old lawn green bowling balls, these had been left in the back of a cupboard in the clubhouse for at least 10 years according to the gentleman I bought them from and are no longer in use able condition with allot of players now preferring composite materials.
the balls had certainly seen better days they looked dry and had lots of dings but they were defiantly Lignum vitae which is all that mattered to me!!



 I've finally got around to cutting some of them today and i am very pleased with the results, lovely bright colours with some marbling and still nice and oily so cuts nice and should take a clean thread.


here's a box I made a while ago with my last bowling ball- these blanks will make similar style boxes





No comments:

Post a Comment